New 2015 details will be posted here as soon as they are made available.
Friday evening from 6 – 9 pm
Saturday from 8 am – 5 pm
Pre-registration is required – THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL! Ron will be offering another class in Bath on October 25 & 26. Check the DEC page for details.
This course is open to all eligible ages and covers basic firearms handling and care, as well as outdoor skills and hunting techniques.
Successful completion of the 10-hour Hunter Education course is required for all hunters in New York State, and includes instruction on the following:
- Firearm and crossbow handling and safety techniques
- Knowledge of firearms and ammunition
- Proper gun handling and storage
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Outdoor safety
- Ethics of hunting
- The hunter’s responsibility toward wildlife
- Course certification is FREE
- Pre-registration opens for the event on September 10. At the entrance to the show, verify with the parking attendant that you are registered for the Hunter’s Education Course to avoid paying the $5 entrance fee.
- Bring or plan to purchase lunch if taking the Saturday course
- Open to ages 11 and older (unless he or she will be hunting in a state allowing hunters under the age of 12 years)
- Permission forms for participants under the age of 16 are required and must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Do not bring guns or ammo – all course supplies are provided by the instructor