Steve Gould, 28, and his brother Aaron, 32, are arguably the hottest new act in a discipline that is as much showmanship as marksmanship. Legendary exhibition shooter Tom Knapp, who set a world record for shooting 10 airborne clays thrown in 2.2 seconds, died in April 2013 at the age of 62, but he didn’t go before essentially naming his successors: the Goulds. It’s an appropriate passing of the baton; were it not for Knapp, the Goulds might never have entered the business.
Gould Brothers Exhibition Shooting (GBX) promotes the shooting and hunting sports, conservation, gun safety, and living with a purpose. Aaron and Steve Gould perform highly unique and entertaining live exhibition shooting shows for events across the country. From Aaron’s one handed push up shot to Steve’s limbo shot to the unique two person throw and load shots, we guarantee you have never seen anything quite like this!
If you’ve ever picked up a shotgun and fired, chances are you had visions of being able to do this, but before you get to this level, there’s a lot of hard work to be done before you can be a trick shot artist like the Gould brothers.
“Aaron and I perform a live exhibition shooting show. We basically, in 45 minutes, shoot the guns in many different ways, behind our backs, over our heads, basically any way you can think of shooting a variety of targets.” says Steve. “If you’re just getting into it, it’s like any sport, you need to put in the time and the practice. One of the biggest things that can help new people get into the shooting sports is finding someone to mentor them, bring them out to the range and show them the fundamentals and getting them on birds. If you just go out and shoot, you could be holding the gun wrong, you’ll miss, it can get pretty frustrating.”
- This is what the late legendary Tom Knapp said about the Gould Brothers; “They are doing very well in the Exhibition Shooting World and I endorse them completely! These boys are good and won’t let you down”.
- The Gould Brothers exhibition shooting brought a new level of entertainment to our Annual Outdoor Exhibition. Aside from the outrageously difficult shots they made, their act was very humorous. They were definitely crowd pleasers. – Private Event –
- A fantastic demonstration of shooting skills. The finale was unbelievable. – Nonprofit Fundraising Event –
- You made memories for the kids that will last a long, long, time. – Nonprofit Youth Event –
- “Not only are they great shooters, they are tremendous ambassadors for the shooting sports.” -Scott Grange – Winchester Repeating Arms
It is bound to be a show favorite, attracting not only avid sportsmen, but whole families. Don’t miss their performances this fall! The Southern Tier Outdoor Show is open 9:00-5:00 on Oct. 11 and 12, 2014 at Wilkins RV, Inc. in Bath, NY. Visit www.SouthernTierOutdoorShow.com for details.