Want to go behind-the-scenes at this year’s Southern Tier Outdoor Show? Volunteer for a few hours during the show and get extra perks. When you volunteer on Saturday, you get to enjoy the show on Sunday for free! Just bring in the coupon from the Southern Tier Outdoor Show program and you’ll gain free admittance to the entire day’s line-up of events, demonstrations and more.
For students or workplaces looking to boost their community service hours, this is a great opportunity to gain hours and have fun interacting with the shows’ vendors, exhibitors and attendees. We need volunteers to man everything from the welcome booth to the front gate, as well as coordinate announcements, parking, and even be an ATV/golf cart driver.
A few of our jobs include:
- Set up day, October 13, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Set up signs, tables, chairs, caution tape, etc.
- Tear down, October 15 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.: tear down fishing pond and pack away, disassemble tomahawk station, put away signs, tables, chairs; etc.
- Drive ATV that leads the kiddie train
- Manage Show Info Desk
- Fish Pond Assistant
- Tomahawk Station Assistant
- Parking Attendants
- Transport public from parking lot to the show buildings
- Survey Takers
- Runners – deliver water, clean tables, etc.
Many of the jobs listed are in four hour shifts. If you wish you can work all day, or multi days, or just choose a few select hours. Let us know your preference when you contact us.